Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

How to tell the time

Today I learned  how to tell the tine using a clock and there are to hands you need to look for. They are the hour hand and the minute had. The minute hand is the long hand and the hour hand is the small hand.

This is half past 1 because the hour hand is past the 1
and the minute hand is on the 6 which makes is half past 1

















This is 2 o'clock because the hour hand is on the 2
and the minute hand is on 12 which makes it 2 o'clock

















This is 2 o'clock because the minute hand is on the 12 This time is half past 2 because the hour hand is on the 6
and the minute hand is past the 2 and the hour hand is on the 2 which makes it 2 o'clock

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bronx, I loved working with you today, you were offering great ideas. Thanks for doing an amazing job at showing your understanding of how to tell the time and the different names for the hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Bronx! What a fantastic blog post. I love all of the detail you have included in your blog post, it makes it really easy for your readers to understand. What did you enjoy about your Maths lesson today and what did you find challenging?
    Miss McLeod

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Bronx, what an awesome job you have done describing how you can tell the time using the hour and minute hands. Well done for taking part in the lesson and sharing your learning. What else would you like to learn about telling the time?
    Miss Williamson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bronx, great work with awesome explanations. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post